Just so you're in the loop...

I go to bed tonight around 9:30ish, my headache is back and I just want to read and go to sleep. The dogs start barking at the front door and I chose to ignore then, figuring there's a dog outside. Then, they go running to the back door and I hear a knock. The dog's are losing their minds... I  slide open the window, as there is a man standing there who I've never seen before. I ask how I can help him? He asks if this is my home and gives me the address, and I say yes, wondering what the hell is he doing here?

 He then asks if I have kids or anyone staying with me that were at a local hangout tonight. No, I tell him, I have no children who live here. He then proceeds to tell me that his daughter's phone was stolen tonight and the GPS on the phone was showing it was here. I very nicely said sorry, there are no kids/teens that live here.  He was agitated but polite. He did say the police were contacted. ( I have no issues with that). I said feel free to come and check the house out, I have nothing to hide. He didn't take me up on the offer. He asked if there were kids that lived close by. Yes, I said my neighbour has kids...

 I opened the door and kept the dogs inside, and chatted with him while waiting for the cops to come. After about 5 minutes I go to go back into the house and the back door is locked... Yes, I locked myself out of the house, but no fear, the key is in its hiding spot ( which the stranger saw, but that will be changing tomorrow...  So, I come back into the house, climb back into bed and I'm reading again, when the dogs start howling again. There is three cops cars at my neighbours house, looking for the phone. No clue if they found it, but it added a little zing to the night!

Now, my dear blogger friends, I'm off to bed and hopefully will get some sleep, as my headache is back again...

Comments

T'Pol said…
I am so glad you have dogs. The stranger seems like an honest person since the police arrived at night but still...
Canadian Saver said…
Sounds like a lot of questions to be asking... I'm too paranoid about those things, I would have waited inside til the cops showed up.

Glad it turned out OK though!
The Witch said…
Sam,
Scary! I wouldn't have even bothered to see what was going on till the police arrived.
Thank God the guy wasn't a creep or worse. Glad the dogs were there to protect you.
Sounds like the neighbours kid might have gotten into a little trouble.
Jolie said…
Technology brings all sorts of new friends to the house :-)

I don't know if I would have let them in without the police, even if they were honest.

Hope you got some sleep.
Jane said…
That seems like a lot of cops to find one phone! I am seeing the value of having a fur baby of my own - protection!! I sure hope your head is doing better - it has cooled down here a bit today with a strong breeze - how is it there?