Here's what I've noticed since tracking my spending so far...

I spent a lot more money on junk food than I thought... I spent 17.94 at wal-mart the other day on junk... Yep, 17.94. 6.89 of that was for gummy bears that I eat after I work out ( it does about 6-7 weeks @ 15 gummy bears X 5 days a week, and yes I do count them out and bag them). I bought ice cream this week... A very rare treat. I bought it on impulse, as earlier I dorve by my favorite ice cream place, which is buried in snow, and thought, I can't wait until they open and I can get a cone of Margarita ice cream ( lime flavored). They had said ice cream on sale for 3.28... I bought a container... I also bought kettle chips and 3 packs of mini chocolate bars to keep in the freezer...

I'm going to keep tracking my spending for a few months, as I feel like I digging my head out of the sand and realizing what and where I'm spending my money... I've always had a vague idea of what and where I was spending,  but now I'm getting a clearer picture.

I also received my retro pay... I lost the equivalent of an entire gross pay to taxes, pension, etc... Yep, an entire pay... I've paid off a small bill, and the rest of the money is going to pay for my cottage rental this summer (500.00). That's one thing crossed off the saving list. I now want to have my gas money tucked away, by purchasing 3 50.00 gas cards...  then it'll just be bridge toll, and food/drinks.

Now it's time to shower and get ready for the day. Only 8 more days to work, until I'm off for 8 days... I'm just a bit excited!

Comments

Jane said…
I try to go as long as I can between junk food binges. This week I was craving chocolate and so bought some mini eggs and a couple packages of Turtles (3 in a pack.) Right now there's nothing in the house so I'm having a hot chocolate to tide me over :) I could really go for some salt and vinegar chips though...
When will you be in PEI??