I'll be doing something I've dreamed of for a long time...

This is a very simple dream... I've been seeking a local CSA for a few years... To no avail... Last year, I heard of one from a friend from high school, but the farm only accepted a few applications, in order to get going.  This year, we got in! My mom and I are going to split a large box every week. (We both love veggies). It'll cost us 480/2 for 16 weeks... So for $15.00 a week, I'll have my veggies and fruit mostly covered... Yippee...  I wonder if I'll be able to pull off some really low number for those months... Eek...something else to cross off my bucket list... My first CSA box... All I know is that I'm excited and in about 16 weeks or so I'll be getting my first box.

Comments

we have them around here. Did you know if you volunteer to help out at the farm, you will get a discount on your box? They do that here.
Canadian Saver said…
Great idea, and I've thought of doing it too. Actually bought shares one year and unfortunately the young couple running the farm separated before the growing season and gave refunds.
Unknown said…
Awesome! I've wanted to join one for years but haven't been able to locate one close to home.
Jane said…
Quite a life you're living - you're so excited about VEGETABLES LOL!! But then, the veggies I bought today at No Frills were looking kinda sad. Can't wait for fresh local produce once again!