Now that August is half finished....

I've only got a few more weekends planned out... I went camping for the week-end with two friends from high school. It was fun, and good to chat up on each others lives...

I went with two of my siblings to Treego... Oh my god. I was terrified at a few points. I've got a slight fear of heights, and I almost lost my mind at my brother a couple of times... ( Please don't start across the swinging bridge while I'm half way through, I'm losing my balance here). My hands shook towards the end as I struggled with one of the very last obstacles, but I did it... I finished the entire course with them. Zip lining was fun, once I got the hang of it... LOL On one long one I got spun around and shot back about half way. I pulled myself back over and got it done. I'll add that being stubborn and the thought of having someone come and physically remove me from the course was enough to help me finish it!  We had a picnic afterwards and I picked up the dogs and drove back home. I'll be in bed early tonight, as I'm going to run to the beach for a few hours tomorrow morning. It's supposed to be really hot tomorrow, so we're going early to beat the heat and the crowds.

I have six weeks to go until my next set of days off... It'll fly by! Oh and here is a picture of me finishing the course on the zip line....


Comments

Jane said…
That looks like fun!! I've gone ziplining once and really enjoyed it though a little nerve wracking til I got the knack. I'm the same way on swinging bridges - my legs get all wobbly!