Home again...

My/Our trip to visit my DD went well. We rent a spot through airbnb for our stay and it was great. A ten minute walk to the metro and DD's place. It was like a home away from home and having space to move around was really good. A spot to unwind and very quiet. It had a washer and dryer, so we came home with no dirty laundry. We toured around the city, ate some yummy food and desserts... The hockey game was good, the biodome was amazing, taking  the metro was a daily adventure and just walking around was good. We finished off the trip with a stop to IKEA, which blew the boys out of the water... I bought a movable island for my kitchen and LG bought a new dresser for DB...

We traveled well together, and the only time we got turned around driving was on the way home. I missed the exit and it took us about 5 minutes to get swung around. Not a big deal. WE arrived at LG's house just after 1:00 am, and unloaded their stuff and I was on my way home by 1:15. I was in my driveway by 1:40 and had the car unload, played with the dogs and was in bed by 2:15.

I assembled the island yesterday, went to visit LG's parents last night, and in the day time I went to visit my mother and sister, plus my momma and I walked the dogs in the afternoon.

The time changes tonight, I work tomorrow at the restaurant, plus Monday and Tuesday at lunch. I have Wednesday off, then back to work on Thursday.

So far I managed to have two chats on the phone with friends, a visit with another, walked the dogs, ran errands and lunch out with my mom. It's after 6, and I'm tiding up the kitchen and using my new space to get ready to do some cooking! I moved the utensils to the  drawer in the island and placed the dish clothes and tea towels in the only drawer... 


That's my week in a nut shell...

Comments

The Witch said…
Sam,
Glad you are back. Sounds as if you really had a fun time.
IKEA is so amazing just to walk around in and look at all the stuff. Can't wait till it comes back to Halifax. I bet the dogs missed you!

Jane said…
You really seem to be using your time well! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip with LG in Montreal - did the Canadiens win their game??