Tuesday March 29/16

It's been a few weeks since I've actually posted anything. I've written a few blogs, and saved them but never posted them.  I've been a major slacker!

What's new in my world? Not a whole lot to be honest.  I'm slowly adjusting to working back to shift work. Do I like what I'm doing? No, it's a major step backwards and quite frankly I'm bored out of my mind. I miss doing paperwork and being on the move. Now, I sit and watch and just be... I understand the rationale behind the decision, as they're switching things up to develop others, but for those of us that have been there since the beginning, it's disheartening. I'm staying optimistic and am grateful that the job does not define who I am, but is a means to help me do the things I love to do.

I am fortunate that I love my PT job and that it is a source of joy. I'm always on the move and interacting with people. I get to do some paperwork and I get to enhance peoples joy too! Who doesn't like to go out to eat and have the servers recognize them?

DD is doing well. She's starting a new job today, and she has an interview for a PT serving job today as well. She also works PT as a nanny, so she is busy.

LG and I are still going strong, It's been over six months now and I have no complaints. We talk about everything and anything. He's been very good listening to me talk about work and the changes. He's a very good cheerleader  and provides good guidance when I need it... Plus he's an amazing hugger and nothing beats a good strong hug at the end of the day. We don;t see each other every day, but usually 4 times a week. We talk every day on the phone, usually in the morning and in the evening.

The dogs are still trying to adjust to the new schedule. It's not been easy for them, and I'm still trying to find the balance for them.

I've been averaging the gym twice a week. Between the weather and my schedule it's been rough. I miss my 5 days a week gym routine and my daily walks with the dogs...  I've gained a few pounds too... I will get them back off again soon.

Easter was good. We had a turkey dinner with LG's parents at lunch time, and a roasted chicken dinner with my mom at supper... I took the day off work and was happy with the decision.

I've booked off my vacation time for the year, and as of right now, I'll be working 7 Sundays this year. I may take off another 2 or 3 still.. It's my least favorite day to work.

That's my friends is what is happening in my small corner of the world!

Comments

Hawaii Planner said…
I'm sorry to hear about your job change. It's really hard to adjust, and I'm guessing the physical adjustment back to shift work is even harder. So happy to hear that things are still going well on the personal side. Couldn't agree more - nothing beats a good hugger! :-)
Jane said…
Life sounds good :) Eventually you'll find the right balance - you've had a lot of changes over the past 6 months. Being able to make adjustments to your work schedule and finding enough time to spend with LG, your dogs, the gym, your mom etc etc takes time to get it all right but you're well on your way!!