Thursday May 19/16

May is at the halfway point. Wow... Time really flies as you get older.

This past week has been one where I was the calm among many storms, which included my sister/cousin having a house fire, the house is still standing, but the smoke damage has made the house unlivable. The house will be stripped to the studs and redone. She is handling it really well so far. The hardest part for her has been the loss of cat and of those small mementos from her children. We had a good talk about it, and it's a chance to begin again. All memories connected to her ex are gone, all the furniture, pots, pans, dishes are gone... Time for her to begin over, in many senses.

I was rather surprised with my reactions to all the chaos this week.  Before, I'd be a mess, but I'm grounded these days, and it made a big difference.  I'm  was off  for 5 days, and I enjoyed every minute of it.We got a small batch of fiddleheads on Sunday, and well, I didn't get them clean enough... BOO... In the garbage they went after I cooked them. Lesson learned, they need to be soaked asap after picking...  I'm looking to purchase a few bags this weekend to get ready... At 3.00/lb, it'll be money well spent. We'll try to get some again...

I go back to work tomorrow and today I ran errands, cooked lunch for LG, went to the gym, walked the dogs and did a mountain of dishes...  I've got my meals ready for the work week, and I'm off Sunday, so that's a blessing! Work two, off one, work one, then off for 4. :)

I hope everyone has a great long weekend!


Comments