Dec 13/17

Hello all, here's my biweekly check in...

It's currently raining out, which is going to make the roads messy! I'm staying put today. I'm going to clean and bake... And of course walk the dogs!

I went to the Dr. yesterday. I've got one small gall stone, so I've made the decision to leave it be, and monitor my diet carefully! I've dropped 5 lbs since the last time I was there, so that's a good thing! I'm going to go for active release massage for my shoulders, and I met the a urologist last week, and I've asked to be referred to another one, as I was not comfortable with the one I met. ( I've never asked my Dr for this before, and she was quite agreeable to it). I don;t want to take medication for my bladder, as it really doesn't do anything, and i'll wait it out. it's a birth defect and I'm fine with it...  Here's to a healthy 2018!

I'm slowly getting ready for Christmas, the tree is up and some of the gifts are wrapped. DD's parcel is mailed out, and I'm just waiting for her to pick it up. I've still got a few things to pick up, but it should be under 100.00 for the rest of the stuff... As far as groceries are concerned, I'll just need a few last minute things to get the night of the 23rd...  I'm off from my FT job for the 24 t the 2nd, and work one day at my pt job on the 27th... I received my PT schedule for the month of December and it made things much easier to plan...

Tomorrow will be spent running errands and LG's son has his Christmas formal tomorrow night. I'll be there to see him all dressed up. He's getting ready at his mothers parents house, and if they don't drop him off to take pictures, we'll go to the school to see him and his date... I find it ironic that his mom fusses over all the big events, but the every day things she has very little time for...

That's all I've got for now,

Sam

Comments

Jane said…
Good for you for exercising your right for a different doctor. So many of us just put up with whoever we get. I'll remember this next time I feel uncomfortable. Christmas formal - that sounds exciting! And yes, you're right, it's so important to celebrate and be there for the small stuff.
Linda said…
What kind of birth defect affects your bladder/ I asked for another referral to an obstetrical oncologist. I figured I was going to have to deal with cancer, so I did not need a jerk for a doctor to stress me out more. Good for you.
I think people forget they can ask for a different doctor if they aren't happy/comfortable. Good for you! Feeling comfortable in the medical arena is so important. Hope your holidays are warm and happy. I'll likely be working over most of it, but then am hoping January will see the end of my weekly shifts. If not, then I'll at least go down to one a week. I think it's the night shifts that are doing me in - I'd rather start work at 9 and finish at 5, than start at 8 and finish at 11/11:30! Best wishes to you for a lovely holiday xx